DIY GoPro Cable Cam Mount
Parts you’ll need to make a DIY GoPro cable cam:
- GoPro Tripod Adapter from Ebay ≈ $5
- Double socket arm from Ebay ≈ $10
- One 1″ ball and 1/4″ post from Ebay ≈ $10
- One 1″ ball with plate from Ebay ≈ $10
- 100m of 3mm cord from Ebay ≈ $55
- Skateboard wheels w/bearings from Ebay ≈ $10
- Flat steel/aluminum
- Six sets of nuts, screws and washers
Tools you’ll need:
- Power drill
The Secret Sauce
This compact cable cam rig packs a big wow factor in a tiny package. The peeps over at Maia Media figured out a nice little trick to get their cable to roll nicely and stay put on some cheap skateboard wheels.
Mount the skateboard wheels and then carefully heat up a screwdriver. Slowly roll the hot screwdriver along the wheels to create a groove for the cable to sit in. Keep working it until the cable stops falling out of the grooves.
How would you improve this design? Leave your comment below.